Monday, December 1, 2008

Reunited, and it feels so good.

We braved the spitting rain and cold temps to meet last night over at Jimmy and Jacquelyn's. It was nice to see folks again, and we heard some good stuff. We also discussed future parlours, and unanimously decided that in an effort to branch out our listening tastes, we'll start to theme some parlours. Next up - "No Alternative." Bring anything and everything you love, except alt/indie rock. Also, we're going to start a little cd mix swap activity. You bring a mix to each parlour, and you'll walk out with someone else's mix.

Anyway, I wanted to get this down before the paper from hell takes over my week, so here goes: 

Tallest Man on Earth – I Won’t Be Found (supporting Bon Iver currently)
Micah P. Hinson – You’re Only Lonely (courtesy of Jen, a soon to be member slaving away at law school)
Felice Brothers – Helen Fry

Magnetic Fields – Papa Was A Rodeo
T.I. - Whatever You Like
TV On The Radio – Family Tree

Silver Jews – Party Barge
Paul Pena – Venutian Lady (Sara's pick for best CD I've never heard of)
Conor Oberst and The Mystic Valley Band – I Don’t Want to Die In A Hospital

The what the hell happened to this band part of the evening:
My Morning Jacket – The Bear
My Morning Jacket – Touch Me I’m Going To Scream Pt. 2

The Morning Benders – Waiting For a War
The Radar Bros – Auditorium (at 506 this Saturday, 12/6)
Wembley – Crumbs
Shearwater – Rooks

I'll try and get some links up to these songs soon. 
So next month - No Alt, cd swap. Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment