Tuesday, February 12, 2008

what's burning for me

I have been on a 'Soft Bulletin' kick for the past two months or so. The album has been on my Best Of list since it came out but it had been forever since I revisited it. Then back in mid-December I was walking around Ballard in Seattle after an interview, the sun was going down, it was rainy and I stopped into a little cafe for a coffee and heard 'A Spoonful Weighs a Ton' on the stereo and just sat and listened while I warmed up. Luckily, the barista had the entire album on - not just the radio or a mix - so I sat some more and some more until it was over. I think I've listened to the record probably 15 times since then and find myself singing the songs during the day. Right now the particular one in my head is Suddenly Everything Has Changed. Enjoy. And if you don't have The Soft Bulletin let me know. You need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment